Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Listen When I Speak


Dear Child:

I spoke to you today; yesterday as well and the day before that. Did you hear Me? Have you been listening? I speak to you constantly, trying to get your attention. Sometimes you are too busy to settle down and hear Me. Other times, you simply ignore what I say. Practice listening; be quick to listen, slow to speak, slow to answer. (James 1:19) Whoever listens to Me will live in safety and be at ease without fear of harm. (Proverbs 1:33) I do not listen to sinners, but to the godly who do my will. (John 9:31) You are My child and I desire to speak to you.

I have declared; "Listen, you heavens and I will speak; hear you earth, the word of My mouth." (Deuteronomy 32:1) I speak through My Word, thoughts, conversations with others and various circumstances. Faith comes by hearing and hearing by My word. (Romans 10:17) My word is alive and active. Sharper than any double edged sword. It penetrates, even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. (Hebrews 4:12)

I have sent My Word into the world and He became flesh and dwelt among you. (John 1:14) The Word was with Me and the Word was God. (John 1:1) He did not speak on His own, but spoke all I commanded Him to say. (John 12:49) I have also given you the Spirit of truth; the Advocate. He will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. (John 14:16-17, 26) So listen to Me. I wants to speak to like I spoke to Moses; face to face, as one speaks to a friend. (Exodus 33:11)

Heed My instructions and commands. Bind them always on your heart. Fasten them around your neck. When you walk, they will guide you; when you sleep, they will watch over you; when you awake, they will speak to you. My correction and instruction are the way to life. (Proverbs 6:21-23) I speak the truth; i declare what is right. (Isaiah 45:19) I do speak; now one way, now another; though many do not perceive it. (Job 33:14) They are ever hearing, but never understanding; ever seeing, but never perceiving. (Isaiah 6:9)

I speak and give warnings. Who is listening to Me? Their ears are closed so they cannot hear. My word is offensive to them; they find no pleasure in it. (Jeremiah 6:10) Their tongues shoot lies. They go from one sin to another; they do not acknowledge Me. Beware of so-called friends, do not be so trusting. They are deceivers and slanderers. Friend deceives friend and no one speaks the truth. They have taught their tongues to lie; they weary themselves with sinning. You live in the midst of deception; in their deceit they refuse to acknowledge Me. (Jeremiah 9:3-6)

Do not listen to what every so-called prophet or teacher is prophesying to you; they fill you with false hopes. They speak visions from their own minds, not from My mouth. They say to those who despise Me, "The LORD says; You will live in peace". And to those who follow the stubbornness of their hearts they say, "No harm will come to you". I did not send these prophets, yet they have run with message. I did not speak to them, yet they have prophesied. But if they had stood in My council, they would have proclaimed My words to My people and would have turned them from their evil ways and from their evil deeds. (Jeremiah 23:16-22)

I am against the false teachers and prophets who steal from one another words supposedly from Me. I am against the prophets who wag their own tongues and yet declare, "The LORD declares". Indeed, I am against those who prophesy false dreams. They tell them and lead My people astray with their reckless lies, yet I did not send them or appoint them. They do not benefit these people in the least. (Jeremiah 23:30-32) They are from the world and therefore they speak from the viewpoint of the world, and the world listens to them. ((1 John 4:5)

A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of. (Luke 6:45) The time has come when people do not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. (2 Timothy 4:3) I speak what I will and it will be fulfilled without delay. I will fulfill whatever I say. (Ezekiel 12:25)

All scripture in God breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness. (2 Timothy 3:16) Blessed are those who hear My word and obey it. (Luke 11:28) Whoever belongs to Me, hears what I say. (John 8:47) Today, if you hear My voice, do not harden your heart as they did in the rebellion. (Hebrews 3:15)

So listen to Me, My child and before you call I will answer; while you are still speaking, I will hear. (Isaiah 65:24)

Love God

No comments:

Post a Comment