Friday, July 15, 2011

Let "You" Be Light!



Dear Child:

In the beginning, I said "Let there be light", and there was light. (Genesis 1:3) I saw that it was good and separated the light  from the darkness. (Genesis 1:4) I appointed the sun to shine by day; and decreed the moon and stars to shine by night. (Jeremiah 31:35) But did you know that the moon does not really shine? The moon reflects the radiance of the light from the sun. Everything exposed by the light becomes visible-and everything that is illuminated becomes a light. (Ephesians 5:13) I love the light because I am Light. I wrap Myself in light as with a garment. (Psalm 104:2) With My light, I led My people Israel out of Egypt. (Psalm 78:14)

I am a lamp to you and turn your darkness into light. (2 Samuel 22:29) With Me is the fountain of life; in My light you see light. (Psalm 36:9) I reveal the deep things of darkness and bring utter darkness into light. (Job 12:22) My word is a lamp to your feet, a light to your path (Psalm 119:105) and My command is also a lamp, this teaching a light, and correction and instruction are the way to life. (Proverbs 6:23) The unfolding of My words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple. (Psalm 119:130) My precepts are radiant, giving light to the eyes (Psalm 19:8), shining light on the righteous and joy on the upright.

My Son Jesus is the radiance of My glory and the exact representation of My being, sustaining all things by My powerful word. After He had provided purification for sins, He sat down at the right hand of My Majesty in heaven. (Hebrews 1:3) He is the light of the world. (John 9:5) He is light, in Him there is no darkness at all. (John 1:15) He came into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in Him should stay in darkness. (John 12:46) This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light; and will not come into the light for fear their deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in My sight. (John 3:19-21)

You were once in darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of the light. (Ephesians 5:8) Therefore, if your whole body is full of light, and no part of it is dark, it will be just as full of light as when a lamp shines on you. (Luke 11:36) Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim Me; who walk in the light of My presence. (Psalm 89:15) The path of righteousness is like the morning sun, shining ever brighter until the full light of day. (Proverbs 4:18)

I have revealed and saved and proclaimed-I, and not some foreign 'god' among you. You are My witnesses; I AM God. (Isaiah 43:12) You have received the power of My Holy Spirit and you are My witnesses. (Acts 1:8) Light in a messengers eyes brings joy to the heart, and good news gives health to the bones. (Proverbs 15:30) You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead the put it on a stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. (Matthew 5:14-16) As water reflects the face, so one's life reflects the heart - you reflect Christ. (Proverbs 27:19) Do everything without grumbling or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure; children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation. Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky as you hold firmly to the word of life. (Philippians 2:14-16)

You are a Light. Learn what that means:

1. Light produces energy. Faith without works is dead. (James 2:26) Be doers of the word and not hearers only. (James 1:22)
2. Light travels. Go! Who will I send? And who will go for Us? (Isaiah 6:8)
3. Light produces heart. I know your deeds, that you are neither cold or hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So because you are 'lukewarm' - neither hot nor cold - I am about to spit you out of My mouth. (Revelation 3:15-16)
4. Light signals. I have made 'you' a watchman for the people; therefore hear a word from My mouth, and give them warning from Me. When I say to the wicked, "You will surely die", and you give them no warning, nor speak to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life, that same wicked man will die in his iniquity; but his blood I will require at 'your' hand. (Ezekiel 3:16-180
5. Light attracts. Become all things to all men, that you might by all means save some. (1 Corinthians 9:22)
6. Light reveals. Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them. (Ephesians 5:11)
7. Light cast shadows. Shine so other's can see themselves. Whoever turns a sinner from the error of their way will save them from death and cover a multitude of sins. (James 5:20)

I will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of the heart. (1 Corinthians 4:5) The 'god' of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. (2 Corinthians 4:4) The people are buried in idolatry. They have made gods of money and possessions and people and vain imaginations. The god's know nothing, they understand nothing. They walk about in darkness; all the foundations of the earth are shaken. (Psalm 82:5)

It is when a person walks at night that they stumble, for they have no light. (John 11:10) There are those who rebel against the light, who do not know its way or stay in its paths. (Job 24:13) Some sit in darkness, in utter darkness, prisoners suffering in iron chains, because they rebelled against My commands and despised My plans. (Psalm 107:11) They grope in darkness with no lights. (Job 12:25) In the dark, thieves break into houses, but by day they shut themselves in; they want nothing to do with the light. (Job 24:16)

Let the one who walks in the dark, who has no light, trust in My Name and rely on Me, their God. (Isaiah 50:10) I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them. (Isaiah 42:16) Instruction will go out from Me; My justice will become a light to the nations. (Isaiah 51:4)

   I will tell you what it really means to worship Me. Remove the chains of the prisoners who are chained unjustly. Free those who are abused! Share your food with everyone who is hungry; share your home with the poor and homeless. Give clothes to those in need; don't turn away your relatives. Then your light will shine like the dawning sun, and you will quickly be healed. Your honesty will protect you as you advance, and the glory of the LORD will defend you from behind.
   When you beg the LORD for help, I will answer, "Here I am!" Don't mistreat others or falsely accuse them or say something cruel. Give your food to the hungry and care for the homeless. Then your light will shine in the dark; your darkest hour will be like the noonday sun. I will always guide you and provide good things to eat when you are in the desert. I will make you healthy. You will be like a garden who has plenty of water or like a stream that never runs dry. (Isaiah 58:6-11)

 I will send YOU to them to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in Jesus. (Acts 26:17-18)

Now, Go! Be My Light!

Love, God

No comments:

Post a Comment