Monday, August 22, 2011

Slow Down And Rest


Dear Child:

Slow down and stop rushing through life. Too much time spent chasing down many things cause you to miss the really important things in life. I commanded a day of rest to worship and and reflection on Me and My purposes. There remains a Sabbath rest for My people, for if anyone who enters My rest also rest from their works, just as I did from Mine. Therefore, make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one will perish by following the example of disobedience. (Hebrews 11:9-11) For in six days I made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but I rested on the seventh day. Therefore I blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy. (Exodus 20:11) I loved the world so much that I gave My only begotten Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life. (John 3:16) Therefore, Jesus said "Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your soul. (Matthew 11:28-29)

So many refuse My provision and rest. Adam was the first to refuse and I banished him from the Garden of Eden to work the ground from which he had been taken. (Genesis 4:23) Likewise, after Cain murdered Abel, I made him a restless wanderer on the earth. (Genesis 4:12) Where there is no revelation, people cast of restraint, but blessed in the one who heeds wisdom's instructions. (Proverbs 29:18) Heed My instruction and slow down and pursue worthwhile things; meaningful goals; chase righteousness and seek after Me and My will.

In all the travels of the Israelites, whenever the cloud lifted from above the tabernacle, they would set out; but if the cloud did not lift, they did not set out - until the day it lifted. (Exodus 40:36-37) I was teaching them to slow down and wait on Me, but this is what I said about these people; "They greatly love to wander; they do not restrain their feet, so I did not accept them; I will now remember their wickedness and punish them for their sins. (Jeremiah 14:10) My anger burned against Israel and I made them wander in the wilderness forty years until the whole generation of those who had done evil in My site was gone. (Numbers 32:12) I was merciful, I forgave their iniquities and did not destroy them. Time after time I restrained My anger and did not stir up My full wrath. (Psalm 78:38)

Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. (Romans 8:5) The time has come when people do not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. (2 Timothy 4:2) My people have been lost sheep; their shepherds have led them astray and caused them to roam on the mountains. They wandered over mountain and hill and forgot their own resting place. (Jeremiah 50:6) What causes fights and quarrels among you? Don’t they come from your desires that battle within you? You desire but do not have, so you kill. You covet but you cannot get what you want, so you quarrel and fight. You do not have because you do not ask Me. When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures. (James 4:1-3)
Trust in Me and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy peace and prosperity. (Psalm 37:3) In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength. (Isaiah 30:15) I have not left you without a testimony: I have shown you kindness by giving you rain from heaven and crops in their seasons;I provide you with plenty of food and fill your heart with joy. (Acts 14:17) May I, the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Me, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. (Romans 15:13) The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; Christ came that you may have life, and have it to the full. (John 10:10) When anxiety is great within you, My consolation will bring you joy. (Psalm 94:19) My presence will go with you and I will give you rest. (Exodus 33:14)

Press on toward the goal to win the prize for which I have called you heavenward in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 3:14) So whether you are here in your body or away from the body, make it your goal to please Me. (2 Corinthians 5:9) The fear of Me leads to life, then one rest content, untouched by trouble. (Proverbs 19:23) Slow down and pursue not the fruit of disobedience like Adam, but the fruit of the Spirit. The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, an even temper, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law.

So then, since Christ suffered physical pain, you must arm yourselves with the same attitude He had, and be ready to suffer, too. For if you have suffered physically for Christ, you have finished with sin. You won’t spend the rest of your lives chasing your own desires, but you will be anxious to do My will. You have had enough in the past of the evil things that godless people enjoy—their immorality and lust, their feasting and drunkenness and wild parties, and their terrible worship of idols.

 Of course, your former friends are surprised when you no longer plunge into the flood of wild and destructive things they do. So they slander you. But remember that they will have to face Me, who will judge everyone, both the living and the dead. That is why the Good News was preached to those who are now dead—so although they were destined to die like all people, they now live forever with God in the Spirit.
 
The end of the world is coming soon. Therefore, be earnest and disciplined in your prayers. Most important of all, continue to show deep love for each other, for love covers a multitude of sins. Cheerfully share your home with those who need a meal or a place to stay.
 
I have given each of you a gift from My great variety of spiritual gifts. Use them well to serve one another. Do you have the gift of speaking? Then speak as though I Myself were speaking through you. Do you have the gift of helping others? Do it with all the strength and energy that I supply. Then everything you do will bring glory to Me through Jesus Christ. All glory and power to Him forever and ever! Amen.

Slow Down.

Love God

No comments:

Post a Comment