Monday, August 8, 2011

I Only Desire The Poor


Dear Child:

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. (Matthew 5:3)

Learn from the poor of the world to become poor in spirit. I love the poor and I want you also to show them love. If there is among you a poor man of your brethren, within any of the gates in your land which I am giving you, you shall not harden your heart nor shut your hand from your poor brother, but you shall open your hand wide to him and willingly lend him sufficient for his need, whatever he needs. (Deuteronomy 15:7-8) If you lend money to any of My people who are poor among you, you shall not be like a money lender to him; you shall not charge him interest. (Exodus 22:25) When you reap the harvest of your land, you shall not wholly reap the corners of your field, nor shall you gather the gleanings of your vineyard, nor shall you gather every grape of your vineyard; you shall leave them for the poor and the stranger. (Leviticus 19:9-11) Let the land be renewed and lie uncultivated during the seventh year. Then let the poor among you harvest whatever grows on its own. (Exodus 23:11)

If one of your brethren becomes poor, and falls into poverty among you, then you shall help him, like a stranger or a sojourner, that he may live with you. (Leviticus 25:35) Each day you shall give him his wages, and not let the sun go down on it, for he is poor and has set his heart on it, (Deuteronomy 24:15) Learn the principle if daily bread. If one of your brethren becomes poor, and has sold some of his possessions, and if his redeeming relative comes to redeem it, then he may redeem what his brother has sold. (Leviticus 25:25) For you also sold yourself to sin and Christ was sent to redeem you.

For you know the grace of your Lord Jesus Christ, that though He was rich, yet for your sake He became poor, that you through His poverty might become rich. (2 Corinthians 8:9) The Spirit of the LORD God was upon Him, because I have anointed Him to preach good tidings to the poor. I sent Him to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and open the prison to those who are bound. For all those things My hand has made, and all those things exist. But on this one I will look; On him who is poor and of contrite spirit. And who trembles at My word. (Isaiah 61:1-3) The poor and needy seek water, but there is none, their tongues fail for thirst. I, the LORD, will hear them; I, the God of Israel, will not forsake them. (Isaiah 41:17) Whoever believes in Jesus, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them. (John 7:38)

I scorn the scornful, but give grace to the humble. (Proverbs 3:34) I will save the humble people, but My eyes are on the haughty, that I may bring them down. (2 Samuel 22:28) Humble yourself in My sight, and I will lift you up. (James 4:10) Humble yourself under My mighty hand, that I may exalt you in due time. (1 Peter 5:6) By humility and fear of the LORD are riches and honor and life. (Proverbs 22:4) The humble will see their God at work and be glad. Let all who seek My help be encouraged. For I hear the cries of the needy; I do not despise My imprisoned people. (Psalm 69:32-33) The humble also will increase their joy in the LORD, and the poor among men will rejoice in the Holy One of Israel. (Isaiah 29:19) Seek Me, uphold My justice. Seek righteousness, seek humility. It may be that you will be hidden in the day of My anger. (Zephaniah 2:3)

A little that a righteous man has, is better than the wealth of many wicked. (Psalm 37:16) I lift up the humble; I cast down the wicked to the ground. (Psalm 147:6) The wicked in his pride persecutes the poor; they will be caught in the plots they have devised. (Psalm 10:2) He lies in wait secretly, as a lion in his den. He lies in wait to catch the helpless; he catches the helpless and drags them off in his net. (Psalm 10:9) I will bring justice to the poor of the people; i will save the children of the needy, and I will break in pieces the oppressor. (Psalm 72:4) I will maintain the cause of the afflicted, and justice for the poor. (Psalm 140:12) For the oppression of the poor, for the sighing of the needy, Now I will arise. I will set him in the safety for which he yearns. (Psalm 12:5)

Be come like the poor and needy who have little or nothing. Come to Me with your needs with nothing in your hands. For it is I who give to you.  I am God, your God. If I were hungry I would not tell you, for the world is mine, and all that is in it. (Psalm 50: 7,12) I have chosen the poor of this world to be rich in faith and heirs to the kingdom which I promised to those who love Me. (James 2:5) I delivered the poor who cried out, the fatherless and the one who had no helper. (Job 29:11) So say in confidence, 'The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?' (Hebrews 13:6) I set the poor on high, far from affliction, and make their families like a flock. (Psalm 107:41) I make the poor and make rich; I bring low and lift up. I raise the poor from the dust and lift the beggar from the ash heap, to set them among princes and make them inherit the throne of glory. (1 Samuel 2:7-8)

Those who desire to be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and harmful lust which drown men in destruction and perdition. ( 1 Tim 6:9) There is one who makes himself rich, yet has nothing; and one who makes himself poor, yet has great riches. (Proverbs 13:7) The rich man is wise in his own eyes, but the poor who have understanding search Me out. (Proverbs 28:11) The poor plead for mercy; the rich answers with insults. (Proverbs 18:22-24) Assuredly, I say to you that it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. And again I say to you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for as rich man to enter the kingdom of God. (Matthew 19:23-24) They hear the word, and the cares of this world, the deceitfulness of riches, and the desires for other things enter in and choke the word and it becomes unfruitful. (Mark 4:18) I have filled the hungry with good things, and the rich I have sent away empty. (Luke 1:53)

Why should you fear when troubles come, when enemies surround you? They thirst in their wealth and boast of great riches. Yet they cannot redeem themselves from death by paying a ransom to God. Redemption does not come so easily, for no one can ever pay enough to live forever and never see the grave. Those who are wise must finally die, just like the foolish and senseless, leaving all their wealth behind. (Psalm 49:5-10) Riches do not profit in the day of wrath, but righteousness delivers from death. (Proverbs 11:4) Surely every man walks about like a shadow; surely they busy themselves in vain; he heaps up riches, and does not know whose it will finally be. (Psalm 39:6) Here is the man who did not make God his strength, but trusted in the abundance of his riches and strengthened himself to wickedness. (Psalm 52:7) But I said to him, 'Fool! This night your soul will be required of you; then whose will those things be which you have provided?' So is he who lays up treasure for himself and is not rich towards God. (Luke 12:20-22)

The needy will not be forgotten; the expectation of the poor will not perish forever. (Psalm 9:8) I save the needy from the sword, from the mouth of the mighty and from their hand. So the poor have hope and injustice shuts her mouth. (Job 5:15-16) The poor shall eat and be satisfied; those who seek Me will praise the LORD. Let your heart live forever! (Psalm 22:26) I will abundantly bless her provision; I will satisfy the poor with bread. (Psalm 132:15) The poor man cried out, and I heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles. (Psalm 34:6) For I will deliver the needy when he cries. The poor also; and him who has no helper. I will spare the poor and needy. I will save the soul of the needy. (Psalm 72:12-13)

Beloved, become like the poor in spirit. Be humble and needy and approach Me for salvation and help. You have heard it said, 'God help those who help themselves'. But as for you, say 'I am poor and needy; may the Lord think of me. You are my help and my deliverer; you are my God, do not delay.' (Psalm 40:7)

Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, long suffering; bearing with one another, and forgiving one another. If anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you, so you must do. (Colossians 3:11-13) And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient, in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if I perhaps grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth, and that they come to their senses and escape the snare of the devil, having been taken captive by him to do his will. (2 Timothy 2:24-26) But even if you should suffer for righteouness' sake, you are blessed. 'And do not be afraid of their threats, not be troubled.' But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who ask you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear; having a good conscience, that when they defame you as evildoers, those who revile your good conduct in Christ may be ashamed. (1 Peter 3:14-16)

Become Poor To Come To Me.

Love God


No comments:

Post a Comment